These images demonstrate the level of PPE required to safely conduct dental procedures. Note that the mask selection may vary depending on the situation.
Our Covid-19 Policy
The health & wellness of our patients and employees is always our top priority. We are taking all the necessary precautions and closely monitoring the (COVID-19) situation with the local Provincial Health Office and the College of Dental Surgeons of BC. We will continue to review updates & recommended guidelines so that you can receive your dental treatment with peace of mind. Your health and safety is our number one priority.
Before your appointment:
- We will be pre-screening patients by asking specific questions during your reminder phone call. A package, containing a questionnaire, consent form and patient acknowledgment form will also be sent by e-mail at that time.
- Only the patient receiving treatment will be allowed access to the office. Exceptions will only be made for accompanying minors or those that require assistance.
- Upon arrival please call us at 604 524 4223. We will ask that you patiently wait in your vehicle until we are ready to proceed with your treatment. We will call you to let you know that we are ready and you will be welcomed directly into the operatory.
Once we are ready to see you:
- A note with the latest updates will be posted on the front door, please read before entering.
- Wear a mask at all times while in the office, except during treatment (we can provide one if necessary)
- We will take your temperature with a touchless device. Anyone with a temperature higher than 37.5C will not be treated and referred for Covid-19 testing
- You will be asked to wash your hands in the operatory with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- You will be asked to rinse your mouth with hydrogen peroxide mouthwash for 60 seconds
Prior to your treatment, we will send you a treatment plan detailing your treatment and all charges. Please review this document carefully and contact us with any questions or concerns, prior to your visit. Due to the level of preparedness involved in setting up for your appointment, we can no longer change the treatment plan on the day of your visit. As we are trying to reduce in person contact, we prefer all payments to be made by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your visit. If that is not an option for you, we can also accommodate cheque or credit card payments. Please contact us for details prior to your visit. We thank you for your cooperation and support in ensuring that everyone stays safe and healthy.
We will keep you updated on any new information or changes to our opening plan. Our office has always followed stringent infection prevention and control procedures and will continue to do so. We have equipped every room with UV lights and medical-grade air purifiers designed to remove aerosols as they are generated. All staff members are screened at the beginning of their shift; countertops, door handles, touchable surfaces are wiped with disinfectant several times per hour; our team will be wearing enhanced personal protective equipment including N95 masks, face shields, head covers and medical gowns.
Dr. Lenka Kusa and Staff